Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Module 9

Module 9 was not as difficult as some of the modules I have completed.

Scootle was new to me. I had never heard of it, nor used it. It looks great and I think it would be a valuable tool for my classroom and as a homework tool.

I already use the social networking sites. Facebook is fantastic. I learnt about it in 2008/2009 when I was in Africa. The people I met travelling from England and Europe were already members. I joined as I thought it was a great way to keep in contact but also share photos. I'm still a huge fan and enjoy facebook chats. I'm very particular about who I allow to access my information due to privacy.

I would love to have a Year 4 class facebook page. I think being able to constantly communicate with the students as well as allow them to communicate with each other would be a great tool. Posting information on set tasks and the day or weeks learning would be a good way to share ideas. I am however aware of privacy for my students.

I'm not a member of twitter. I have friends and family members who are twitter fans. I think it is a site for people to be in the lime light, people who want to be recognised and that's not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment